Friday, September 18, 2009

Squinting


I wake up every morning and pour my morning coffee. It makes me feel good and before I get ready to take my shower I always turn on the news for a few minutes. I always wish I didn't. I hear and see a lot of bad things. Overnight fires and shootings. People arguing. I start to get lost in all the bad news. It colors my days. I look around and I see bad things everywhere. Co-workers are buzzing about the news when I get to work. It seems to go on and on. Then I have to remind myself to squint. When I was in art classes in college, professors taught us to squint at an image to see all the values. I think its the same in life. Its not always easy to find a way to get through the day. I find I have to look around and look hard to find the beauty in every day. So I would say that sometimes you have to squint to find something beautiful. But its out there. Every day.

No comments: