Monday, September 10, 2007

My favorite color is RED


No not really. Fact Number 3: I do not have a favorite color. I have some that I lean toward, but I love all the colors so much that I cannot name a favorite. If you want to know which I lean toward, they would be green, red, purple, pink, and yellow. The color green that shows up when it has just rained hard and the sky is still dark and the sun is shining on the leaves that loved the water so much. The kind of red that is many layers like a tomato from August. The kind of purple that shimmers in the rich velvet robe of a king. The kind of pink that lines the inside of a tiny white shell on the beach. The kind of yellow that shines against a brilliant blue sky like a huge, happy sunflower. I am very attracted to bold and brilliant colors. My art reflects my taste in color. I seem to have a hard time paring down the color palette in a painting. Is it color addiction?

This is a bountiful harvest from the back yard. Our tomato plants are still producing these gorgeous things despite the sweltering heat. Mmmmmm...looks like salad is in order.

ADDENDUM: I thought about it and I realized that, if you ask me, I will name a favorite color. Most often green, but sometimes purple or pink..sooooooo, what does that indicate? (not sure) but I think that I really don't have a favorite....because another one of my very very very favorites is turquoise. That would definitely be my favorite. Except for robins egg blue. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a funny thing about colours, and the way they can actually have a physical effect on you. Hands down my favourite colour is a deep crimson red, but my heart flutters at the sight of a healthy cluster of forget-me-nots. That deep hazy cornflower blue. I could eat that colour.

Love your blog - I hope you don't mind but I am going to add it to my list of 'great blogs'.