Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thrifty finds, my beloved and a music review

I have been listening to The Be Good Tanyas (pictured above) and I will recommend them to you if you like folk music Bluegrass style, with a little percussion. Songs so beautiful they will make your heart ache. I listen with goosebumps. I am in love with the sultry, smooth and silky voice of Frazey Ford. And then there are the vocal harmonies that will raise the hair on the back of your neck. The three girls that make up the group are Frazey Ford, Sam Parton and Trish Klein. I can listen to every song on Chinatown and want to listen again. I was incredibly lucky this weekend in my thrift shopping (garage sales). This pile of birch wood from a woman who used it as decoration in her fire place. I think its very beautiful. Birch wood has a mystical quality to it. It makes me think of dreamy forests with fairies and mossy carpet floors. I do not know what I plan to do with it yet..but I can dream.
More treasures.
On the subject of Beloved, here is the best looking chocolate I have ever seen. My Sadie. Our Sadie. It is such a gift to know her. She lays her head across my shoulders while I am sleeping. She follows me into every room I go to just to be near. She sleeps at my feet, sometimes breathing fitfully in her doggie dreamland. She is so happy to have me home that she cannot contain herself as she leaps into the air and cries happily. She is so precious to us. I love her so.My beloved, lifelong friend. Interesting how an instrument can seem like a friend. But when it fits like a glove, and the sound is sweet to you...its a good old friend.

No comments: