Monday, February 1, 2010

Be My Valentine

This is my first attempt at making some hand carved stamps. I made a few...and tested them out.
They were fun to make! I found the idea and even a tutorial on how to make them on
Geninnes Art Blog She has the cutest art and lots of tips and tricks
for making stuff. Okay, so I will admit to something that I am not proud of....
I actually carved the word LOVE the first time into the stamp just like it reads..from left to right on
the stamp, only to test the stamp and see the word LOVE backwards! WHAT was I thinking?
OK, it takes a little bit, (just a little bit) of thinking. So be careful not to waste any materials
with this mistake! I find the carving very relaxing and it gets the wheels turning about all the
great things you can make! I was thinking about valentines day, one of my very, very, very
favorite holidays. I love the pink hearts and springy flowers and pretty things that everyone makes.
So I hope each and every one of you has a love filled valentines day.
Warm wishes!

lovestamp

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there thanks for your visit!

Yes Geninne is a blogging addiction of mine , Just love her work!!
Good on you for carving such a cool stamp.. I've bought all the stuff.. but still haven;t carved anything!
Thanks for your inspiration!

Valerie Lorimer said...

I think this is lovely!