Sunday, April 22, 2007

This Beautiful Day


Today is a beautiful day. (yesterday was also). The sun is bright and shining, the sky is blue, the breeze is nice. I had a very nice weekend, although a large amount of it was spent working. Bill and I woke up early Saturday morning around 3:00AM. We couldn't sleep, so we decided to go for a drive. When we walked outside, the sound of hundreds of birds awake and chirping cheerfully met us. Everything else was calm and silent. We ate breakfast at an all night diner and spent the morning cruising around. It was quite nice. While I was up, I took this picture.

The iris in the very cool blue light of the early, early morning.
Later, I took these of the Rhododendron on the side of my house. Very beautiful.

You might be starting to see my infatuation with flowers. The simplicity in life is the best part.

No comments: