Sunday, April 15, 2007

For Today

A quick post for today. I got lots done this weekend. Looked through old files and found music recordings that I had completely forgotten about. I was excited, because I can send these to Blake and we can start some work on them. He has sent a few of his songs to me, and we plan to work with them, and then home record them. I will post some here sometime. (If I can). I bought a new hard drive and cleaned my poor computer off, so it could run. It was so full. It is much better now. I got a new scanner! I am so excited about using it in illustration. I used it for this weeks submission to IF. I painted with acrylic and pen and ink and graphite, and then I scanned in another image and overlayed on top. It turned out kinda cool. I went out and ate mexican food, and it was so very spicy. This dish was enchiladas with tomatillo sauce. There was no cheese, and the sauce was so HOT! I am going to attempt to submit some artwork to a company for the first time. They have asked for samples and resume for a freelance illustrator. Here goes nothing. By the way, I am not sure that I have mentioned this before, but I am a graphic designer and my desire is to become a full-time freelance illustrator. I have illustrated for both of the companies that I worked for, and done some freelance illustration that stemmed from graphic design, but not had a real illustration "only" job. I am open to any advice, constructive criticism, and jobs you may have to offer! I am excited to go forward on this endeavor, lets see where it takes me. I love to read Penelope's blog, because she was before, exactly where I am now. She is very inspiring in that she knew what she wanted, and she went for it. Wish me luck!

No comments: