Sunday, September 30, 2007

Here I am!

Is this not the CUTEST little frog family ever??!! I found these at my favorite thrift haunt today. Ooops! Sorry I haven't been around for a bit. I have been playing catch up for a few days. But this weekend, I have been a lucky bug! I found this beautiful needlework at the auction.
I found those adorable frogs and they really really make me smile. I also found these.A collection of victorian holy cards dating back to the 1890's. They are so beautiful. I love things like these. When I hold them, I wonder who held them, and what books and drawers they have lived in. Some of them are french lace paper and many are gold prints. They were all tucked away in an old Fannie May candy box. This is sort of an odds and ends post, lots of stuff I have been up to. Fact #6 - I am in love with folk art. The naive style is so quaint and honest to me. I most often paint from my imagination. I like the quality of work that I get from that. Soon, I will be able to post my paper dresses that I made for the dress swap. They were so much fun! I am sending them off tomorrow to my partner and I am so excited to see what she has in store! Well, I am off again! Have a great start this week! Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The needlework is beautiful. Lucky find! And yes, the little frog family is adorable.

Kathleen Rietz said...

Sounds ike you have been busy enjoying life. You have some fun stuff posted here.