Monday, September 3, 2007

Illustration Friday: Alphabets


There is something mysterious about the word alphabets vs. the word alphabet. When I think about alphabet, I think of writing tablets, pencils and erasers and grade school.
When I think about alphabets, I think of ancient writings, possibly alien languages, language itself, communication, it has some sort of exotic connotation. There would be something very mysterius about a girl who could, while she was sleeping, learn the alphabets of the universe.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the dream idea - tonight I will dream of alphabets, too.

Kathleen Rietz said...

This is great Jen! Nice to see you back!

Regina said...

Love the colors, Jen! Your post has such an ethereal feel to it. Also, thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

Artifax said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! And I'm so glad you are joining the paper dress swap! It's going to be such a fun swap.

What an interesting way to think about "alphabet" vs "alphabets" - I like it :) And I love the illustration!