Saturday, September 8, 2007

mmmmm coffee

I was so excited to make some felt designs last week. Here is what I came up with. I don't know what they are yet, barettes, embellishments for jeans, pins? They were fun to make and they remind me of decorated sugar cookies.
I always buy a bag of Starbucks Guatemala every week. It is my indulgence. Sure, I eat a little chocolate here and there, but there is nothing like good coffee. I thoroughly enjoy it. My fabulous friend Kathleen (who is a phenomenal artist), passed a tag onto me a while back, and I was so swamped I never got to respond. It was 7 weird things about you. I did think about it, Kate! I think I will answer these a post at a time. Weird fact about me No. 1: I love anything tropical. Hence my odd collection of tropical kitsch. I love those Hawaiian girls that you put on your dashboard. Here are my salt and pepper shakers. I love coconut heads and buy them at garage sales and thrift shops. I love vintage hawaiian, fish and palm tree themes.
My vintage girl and swordfish salt and pepper shakers.

I am doing my first swap! A paper dress swap! Look at these adorable paper dresses. The lovely lady who runs Jeweled Elegance is the swap hostess. I love her shop, full of the prettiest things.

1 comment:

Kathleen Rietz said...

Well hello there Jen! Thanks for the mention on your bloggity blog blog blog.

Love the felt thingys you made. I think you should sew a metallic string loop to each and attach them to Christmas gift boxes this year. They would make really cute ornaments!

I used to collect a ton of ornaments, too! I still hang them year-round. I stopped collecting a few years ago when I ran out of places to put them.