Thursday, June 12, 2008

At one with nature

I Stayed home again today. I am still sick with my tooth problem. I am hoping it will improve very soon since I am taking the antibiotics. Update: A bag of frozen black-eyed peas works well on the cheek.

I have a garden. Right now, its pretty weedy due to my few days of sickness and lots of rain the other night. Its not very big. It is our first one. I am so amazed that we were able to grow summer squash in our garden! We ate one the other night. The first harvest consisted of about 6 pieces of Okra and a medium size summer squash. I rolled them in corn meal and salt and pepper and fried them in a light oil. It was wonderful! We are learning as we go. I am really in love with the idea of growing my own food. It makes me feel at one with the earth. It makes me feel like I am helping our environment. It makes me feel GOOD.


Here is the basil. It tastes and smells wonderful.


Summer squash has big, beautiful yellow flowers. Down inside they grow and thats where the squash is. We are growing eggplant, bannana peppers, okra, summer squash, tomatos, basil, sage, oregano, thyme, chives, cucumbers and onions.
We have a lot to learn, but so far we are doing pretty good!

No comments: