Sunday, September 16, 2007

March on

Hi, here I am again. I had a great weekend. We went to a huge neighborhood garage sale..that is really more like a flea market. It's called the Countrywood sale. It started out as a neighborhood yard sale and so many people came to it year after year that it grew into a different sort of thing. There were BBQ stands and hot dog stands everywhere. It was actually chilly in the morning and I was not expecting that! I got a few interesting things. Here are some terra cotta tiles I picked up and plan to use them for coasters.
I found 4 vintage hats, a christmas stocking, a basket for my embroidery threads, a strawberry shortcake outfit for my niece, a beautiful home made embroidered table runner and these tiles.
Then We picked up a good friend and headed over to the Cooper-Young Festival, a small art festival in Cooper-Young district in Memphis. This is a very happening place! It was there that I feasted on Italian sausage and funnel cake...argh! The bands were good, the art was awesome, the day was perfectly gorgeous. It was a great day. More pictures tomorrow. Have a great night! :)

2 comments:

Troy Westerberg said...

Wow Jen, I love your blog. It's very thoughtful and creative. Your work is really nice. I don't remember you drawing much when we were younger. I'm so impressed with your talent. I'll definitely be back for more.

Little Red Pony said...

Thank you Troy! I am so excited that you came to visit! I am very glad to talk with you again! :)